GTM Original Blog
We were so excited to spend some time with Mykel Hawke. Mykel is a giant supporter of the GTM/CZY-03! MYKEL HAWKE is a U.S. Army Special Forces "Green Beret" combat veteran with over 20 years of combined military, government contracting, and survival experience. He is the star of The Travel Channel's series LOST SURVIVORS and formerly starred in Discovery Channel's hit shows, Man Woman Wild and One Man Army (Discovery Channel), as well as The Outdoor Channel's, Elite Tactical Unit. Hawke is the bestselling author of a language book, two critically acclaimed survival manuals to include Hawke's Special Forces Survival Handbook, and has a new survival book and kit for kids. He is also co-author of the Jake Tyler thriller series, which is based on his personal experiences. He is the founder and President of Hawke Brand ®—his own brand of survival knives and products, and a survival school. Hawke supports veterans and veterans causes as well as many humanitarian organizations.
Her biggest issue is finding a concealment option that will work well as a purse. Women’s business clothing is apparently not as concealment friendly as my cargo pants with a flannel shirt, and so she would like to have the option to carry in her bag. The problem is that most of the bags she has found to date have not been very business fashionable.The inside is lined with velcro allowing for a number of configurations.
Another complaint (that my wife had) that Gun Tote’n Mamas has addressed is having options to access the gun from the top. Most gun purses have a side access, and that is problematic if you switch the purse from shoulder to shoulder, since the gun would now be in a less advantageous position.
The quality of the material is pretty high and the construction looks solid. The have even incorporated an anti-cut feature into the strap.
This is the construction that prevents a quick cut from letting a bag snatcher run off with it.
Gun Tote’n Mamas has a number of options to fill that gap with a number of styles and varieties that can accommodate and match with any wardrobe. And for that matter they have a number of products that will work for guys (satchels, messenger bags, and even a leather iPad case that can conceal a 1911 Commander or Sig P220).
You can see a number of their products and styles on their website: http://guntotenmamas.com/
GTM-51 Town Tote Orange or Blue...we want to know!
Tested with following:
- Sig Sauer P229 (40 cal)
- GLOCK 23 compact (40 cal)
- GLOCK 27 subcompact (40 cal)
- GLOCK 30S subcompact (45 cal)
- Smith & Wesson 38 Special revolver "snub nose"
- Sig Sauer P238 (.380 cal)
- Sig Sauer P938 (9mm)
- Ruger LCP (9mm)
- Smith & Wesson Body Guard (.380 cal)
- Smith & Wesson M&P Shield (9mm and in 40 cal)
- Trimmed with full grain Tan American Cowhide
- Designed for either Left or Right handed use
- Special padding to prevent gun imprinting
- SLASH RESISTANT SHOULDER STRAP
- 11 Ply steel wire tastefully reinforced
- Cross Body length
- Easily clips on or off
- Width helps disperse bag weight
- 2 additional top carry handles option
- Outside back zippered pocket
- Inside extra zipper pocket and storage for Smart phones, lipstick, Pepper Spray etc.
- Includes our Standard Holster (designed by Mernickle Holsters)
- Gold color metal hardware and zippers
- Gun compartment zippers are nylon coil for safety
- Fully lined with Gun Tote'n Mamas logo lining
- Overall bag size:
12" Wide x 10 - 1/4" Tall x 5 - 1/4" Deep
- GTM compartment size: 9" Wide x 7 - 1/2 " Tall
- Zippered opening: 6 - 1/4" Tall
- Gun footprint area: 7 - 5/8" Wide x 6" Tall